We invite you to get involved today.
- Attend a State Legislative Forum (February 15, 2017)
- Attend the Washington Legislative Visit/ABA GR Summit (March 20-22, 2017)
- Donate to NBA BankPAC
- Network at Conferences/Workshops/Seminars
You can make a big difference in just 5 minutes.
That's all it will take to learn the issues and send an email to your elected officials. The actions of our government have an enormous impact on the lives of you and your family, and we hope you'll use this site to learn about things that matter to you.
Check out the Amplify website which will make it easy for you to get the word out about your community involvement. The website provides resouces that include positive messages, sample speeches and letters, instructions for hosting a bank visit, media interview tips and much more.
Please take the following actions:
Join our Action Network and important updates regarding our issues and how you can speak out on important issues.
Send an email to your elected officials and tell them to pass important legislation that you can follow right here.
Visit ABA's Reg Reform Center where you'll find a complete Dodd-Frank Resource Calendar.
Speak up by visiting the Bankers Speak Up website to help promote what you do in your community.
Learn more here about Farm Credit Services unfair tax advantages and neglect of FCS's core mission.
It has been tradition that we have worked to protect Nebraska's banking industry, in continuing these efforts NBA's member advocacy focuses on:
- Identifying potential regualtory and legislative issues of concern
- Working closely with our member banks employees who express the need to change state law
- Carrying bank perspectives and positions to regualtors and elected officials in Lincoln and Washington, D.C.
- Maintaining a highly regarded registererd lobbysits that work with legislators on state and national banking issues
- Supporting pro-banking and business statewide and congressional candidates
NBA's member advocacy efforts include:
- NBA Lobbyists review approximately 500 or more bills a year
- Weekly Legislative Update
- Weekly Bill Summary with NBA positions
- Periodic Legislative Alerts
NBA NExt Generation Housing Taskforce
In early 2016, NBA President & CEO Richard Baier coordinated a statewide task force to address the shortage of workforce housing across the state. Members hail from Nebraska City to Scottsbluff and many locations in between, and include bankers, public policy leaders, realtors, and other housing stakeholders. The NBA conducted interviews with three NExt Generation Housing Task Force members to gather their thoughts and opinions on workforce housing as well as advice for Nebraska communities looking to improve their local housing investment. View the YouTube webcasts here:
- Mark Hansen, West Gate Bank (Lincoln), NBA NExt Generation Housing Task Force chairman
- Stuart Fox, Nebraska State Bank (Broken Bow), NBA NExt Generation Housing Task Force member
- John Madsen, The Tri-County Bank (Stuart), NBA NExt Generation Housing Task Force member
For More Information Contact:
Vice President of Government Relations
Nebraska Bankers Association / 233 South 13th Street, Suite 700 / PO Box 80008 / Lincoln, NE 68501-0008