Nebraska Bankers Insurance and Services Company (NBISCO) administers the Nebraska Bankers Association (NBA) group health and life program called the
Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association (VEBA). This program is offered
exclusively to members of the NBA. Health plans are self-insured with coverage
provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska. Dental, vision, life and disability
plans are fully insured with coverage provided by Standard Insurance Company.
Services provided by the VEBA staff are:
- Coordination of active and inactive enrollment between VEBA, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE), and Standard Insurance Company.
- COBRA administration for terminated employees.
- Please note: While the VEBA handles the administration of COBRA continuation coverage, it is ultimately the Bank’s responsibility to provide the necessary information to the VEBA in order to carry out the VEBA’s administrative duties for COBRA continuation coverage.
- Administration of Early Retirement program for employees age 55 to 64. No new enrollment in this program effective 1/1/2011.
- Provides high level of customer service to active and inactive enrollees in the program which includes responding to telephone/written inquiries on enrollment, coverage, claim, and billing issues.
- Processing of annual and monthly billings and investment of premiums.
- Staff support to the VEBA trustees and coordination of trustee board meetings.
- Conduct bank employee meetings upon request.
NBA VEBA Summary Plan Description Booklet
The Department of Labor (DOL) requires Nebraska Bankers Association Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association (NBA VEBA) or the "Plan" to distribute Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD's) to all participants. The Summary Plan Description is being furnished to you electronically. It describes the terms and benefits provided to you under the Nebraska Bankers Association VEBA Group Insurance Plans. You have the right to request and obtain a paper version of the SPD. You may print a copy from your computer. You may also contact Scott Yank, Executive Vice President, NBISCO, at 1-888-419-8322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information Contact:
233 South 13th Street, Suite 700
Lincoln, NE 68508
Phone: 888-419-8322 or 402-475-8322
Nebraska Bankers Association / 233 South 13th Street, Suite 700 / PO Box 80008 / Lincoln, NE 68501-0008